My bulletin board provides a peek into some of the artifacts and art that inspired THE OTHER ALCOTT. Some highlights...
- May drew the illustration of the ice skater for the first edition of LITTLE WOMEN in 1868
- (bottom right) This photograph inspired the sleigh ride scene in THE OTHER ALCOTT.
- (left of the sleigh photo) Orchard House
- (mid-way down the left-hand side) Portraits of May and Ernest
- (above her photo) Portrait of May by her friend, Rose Peckham
- The painting of the little girl and the blue chairs is by May's friend, Mary Cassatt
- (tucked behind Cassatt's painting) May's painting from the 1879 Paris Salon, Le Negresse
- (top left) The Beacon Hill home where Lulu and Louisa lived